Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 3







Yesterday and today were busy days on the ride, as usual. Got to see some neat places and some really sketchy ones as well. It's really cool to get to go to all of the EMS/Fire stations and talk to the crews about the person they have lost. The comradery is amazing and the hospitality rivals the south minus the slow and thick drawl.



Today was fun but exhausting....We had some entertaining moments to be sure. Yesterday George got attacked by a goose on a desolate stretch of canal road. It was quite the entertaining story, we are all very sorry we missed it. However, Susan thought it would be hilarious to worm him with a stuffed goose. My mission today was to find one to strap on to his bicycle. I stopped at a Walmart in Wilmington, Delaware and found a lovely stuffed goose in the pet food section that honks when you squeeze his butt! At one of the rest stops I zipped tied him to the handles of George's bike....the look on his face was priceless! We also did alot of chalk drawings today....It's always fun to be a kid again!

Well I'd love to write more but Ibuprofen is not doing it's job and I think my head is going to explode soon!



1 comment:

Central Texas Paramedic Cycle Team said...

That episode has susan written all over it! Keep an eye on my kid sister or she will get you...
xo y'all