Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not sure what day this is!!




(1. Overlook on the way down from the mountain; 2.my first time to climb a rope; 3. Bianca, myself, and our new park ranger friend Ched)
What a long week...on the downhill stretch now. This has been an amazing exprience, I have met so many neat people on this trip. I'm so glad to have been able to be a part of it. It's exhausting but at the end of the day we are all together and having fun.

The pic above is of a young lady named Biance. She is a very talented artist that lives in Florida. She is the one that allowed us to use her drawing on the back of our team tshirts. She was inspired to draw it at the memorial last year when her father was inducted. She has drawn several more on this trip that are truly amazing and completely capture this experience. I'm glad to have gotten to know her and spend time with her on this journey. She bought us candy necklaces to wear on Wed when we were on our way up the Shenendoah Mountains. We spent the whole day running up and down the mountain in the "Texas truck" cheering for all of the riders. Oddly enough her voice was fine this morning, however, mine was all but gone! We dubbed ourselves "Team TFlo" for Texas/Florida.

I have met so many amazing individuals and enjoyed the commradery that we have shared the past week. I will always cherish this exprience and the memories and hope that I can return again next year and hopefully many more to come.

Roanoke here we come!!!

No comments: